Sleep & Dreams
- · 2:45PM - 3:50PM: See a real student’s brain reacting live to relation techniques
- · 4PM - 5:00PM: Rafael Pelayo, MD will be presenting his talk “Why We Sleep & Dream”
- · 5PM - 5:30PM: Q & A session
· Delicious Free healthy food will be provided!
· Using his biofeedback equipment, Dr. Howard will record a student volunteer’s brain data, and demonstrate the effects of relaxation techniques. He will include a relaxation training session and do a demonstration of a “brain-computer interface.” The MRI results will be shown live to the audience.
· Following the MRI demonstration, the talk by sleep expert Rafael Pelayo will begin. Dr. Pelayo is a physician at Stanford Sleep Disorder Clinic and Clinical Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science at Stanford University School of Medicine. He is the co-author of “Dement’s Sleep & Dreams”, an Amazon best-seller.
· After the talk, we will conclude the evening with a Q&A session.